Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Willow, Spring 2011

Dear Kristin,
One of the strongest shows of the day was Willow.  (Not that there were a terrible many brands they were competing with - and not that anyone showing during Fashion Week is in direct competition at all).  Anyway, it felt like a city girl's formal Saturday night, drapey and smart and vaguely strange, without being too fussy or obvious:

Willow RTW Spring 2011

I've loved them in seasons past and I must admit that, while I still fancy them, I'm less impressed with their offerings this spring.  So, pass out on Saturday night in Willow.  Wake up to coffee and pajamas.  And brunch in a perfectly thrown together look from Organic by John Patrick:


Although I didn't see anything terribly new in the collection, it was very buy-able and acted as some truly welcome end-of-summer inspiration (the kind I'll flip through again come next spring).  I almost want to wear shorts again, despite the fall weather.  Almost.

Love,
J. Benny

P.S.  Rachel Comey showed today, as did Vena Cava.  Love both.  Will likely feature my favorites once the collections pop up on style.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment